21 January 2009

Recession Tip #4 - Money for old mobiles

Heard this advert recently to get money for old mobiles. Searched in bottom drawer and found four "candidates" and checked out their values on Mazuma's website. One was too old, but the other three were OK and they quoted me a figure of £61. I had thought about selling them on eBay before, but you only get decent money there if you can unlock a mobile from its network (mine are all O2 configured), and you have the charger and the manual - which, as it happens, I do for each mobile. Condition not important, just that it works and the screen is not too scratched.

So late in the evening of Monday 12th, I get my quote from Mazuma after getting the IMEI number from the barcode sticker underneath the battery. They send me a freepost envelope. I put three mobiles in a little padded bag inside into their envelope. It sits on my desk 24 hours as I was not going to the Post Office that day (to get a postal receipt). They receive it, verify the details I filed online. They confirm by email all is OK. Cheque arrives Tuesday 20th - total eight days including one day of delay I built in. Perfect!

It all works like this - I verify that was exactly what happened. Free money! Go for it!