02 January 2009

Recession Tip #2 - eBay sells NEW items, not just old ones

eBay is great, and I have sold a lot of stuff there - a feedback figure of over 300 for a private ad-hoc trader shows the level I use it... for selling old stuff and buying new stuff. Yes, buying NEW stuff.

Here's an example from today. I need a SCART to SCART lead. after buying a 3-way SCART box and forgetting I needed a cable to connect it to the TV. Doh! My local catalogue shop Argos sells them for £4.79 (see here) and I could walk there and back in 10 minutes. Checked eBay and just bought a new one for £1.98 including post and packing (see here), a saving of 59%. Next, I thought I would price up a 4-way extension bar. Argos was £5.47 (see here) and eBay £2.94 including delivery (see here), a 46% saving.

Point made?