04 July 2008

To-Do lists

Admissions admissions.... There IS some paper in my "paperless office", but only a little bit, honest! The last two uses for paper on my desk are my diary and my to-do list.

My diary is a sore point really. At work I have an online corporate calendar system that allows me to check other people's availability and book time in their diary, and that automatically interfaces with Outlook on my laptop. Then there's another system within my division which looks at what role I am performing at any particular time of the day, so it knows when to allocate me more work etc. Then there's my home/social diary which I don't want linked with my work diaries and the complications of manually linking these systems. I need to ponder this further and will write about it another day.

But my "To-Do" list is easier than that. Previously there were lists here, lists there, lists from my wife, repeating tasks I need to remember to do regularly etc. And then I found RememberTheMilk.com - developed out of Australia and a most useful system it is too. Multiple lists for different things, and you can build in alerts to email you etc. And like most other things I recommend on this blog, it's free.